I sprayed 12 thin layers of a water-based lacquer called KTM-9. It cured for 10 days before I buffed out the finish to a nice gloss.
The neck and body after six coats.
The top after ten coats.
A close up of the Paua Abalone rosette.
The body and neck are completed and sealed and ready for pore filling and finishing.
I finished carving the bridge from Ebony and we can get an idea how the guitar will look.
I measure the neck angle before applying the sealer. It is spot on!
The headstock has a “GV” inlaid in Paua Abalone for Gino.
The neck is temporarily attached to the body to measure the angle. It is not totally shaped yet.
A shot of the top rosette.
The neck is carved to the desired shape and has a sealer of Shellac.
This view of the body was taken after applying two coats of Shellac sealer.